Saturday, February 23, 2008

Homework will be the death of me.

Elle sat her coffee cup down at the table...papers strewn about as her shoulders immediately slumped upon realization that she was about to be immersed in sociology homework for the next five plus hours. "Good God.." she mumbled to herself as she cursed the idea of returning to school. "And I did this again because why?" She sighed....as her eyes lingered on the setting sun. I'd rather be outside. I'd rather be walking Lollipop and Daffodil. Hell, I'd rather be jogging.
Or shoveling snow.....no that's pushing it. Snow is never a good time. It makes everything difficult in one way or another. The only time I really can appreciate snow, is when I'm at a good, safe, warm distance. Watching the snowflakes fall, one by one. Watching them sparkle in the moonlight. Coffee in hand. Slippers. Jammies. Blankets. Fire. The only time I can say winter is mildly pretty.

"Eleanor!!! What are you daydreaming about!! Don't you have homework to be studying? Good grades to earn so that you can have that dream job you've always wanted? Hmmm?"

"Oh Grandma!! Gimme a break! I was only staring into space for less than a minute!! Somehow you always catch me!" And she did. That woman was like a cat on a mouse when it came to my procrastination. The only thing is, she's always ranting about this dream job I supposedly want. I'm 28 and I hardly know what I want to be when I grow up. All I know is, I'm studying. And studying. And studying. Hopefully in the next few years I'll narrow it down and find a dream to call my own, until then I stay here with ole Grannie, Lollipop, and Daffodil...keeping Grannykins company till the sickness she bears takes her from me.

*sigh*...the weight on my shoulders seemed to gain 100 pounds and I suddenly felt as if I might topple over. Homework will be the death of me. Worrying about the things I can not change just might give me a freakin nervous breakdown. I guess out of the two worrying seems easier. And the homework will still be there when I'm done.

1 comment:

McGrath said...

Time to redefine, Missa!