Monday, June 2, 2008

The ode to De-fattying my cat.

I am trying to defatty my cat. I've been following the doctor's orders and feeding lil Baxter a third of a cup of kitty kibble once a day. I used to feed him close to two cups a day, by filling his small cup size bowl once in the morning and once at night. (And I thought I was doing the "right" thing by doing this routine for my lil kitty kat.) Turns out I was only endangering his life.
Awesome. *high five* Melissa. Way to kill your cat.

So I was explaining this to my two favorite old people tonight in the land of uniform houses and winding roads to mortgage hill, when my mother looked at me alarmed and said, " you know dear....we all know you eat nothing but crumbs...but imagine you if you went from that to not eating a thing for 3 days. Your poor lil kitties tummy is shock. No wonder he's cranky with you." My father of course chimed in his agreement making me feel twice the asshole. Not that I don't always feel like an asshole, but still...this was like, MEGA asshole status.

After giving away my food, to my "dieting" father, (I use parenthesis because this diet is not a choice my father made on his own, this was more like a mother-approved diet which is really a I'm dieting so you are too, move on my mothers part, and also a gateway to say," stop eating so much or I'm going to nag you everytime you stick something in your mouth because it makes me feel better kind of deal." Either way it's a lose lose situation for my father..and in one way literal...again by no choice of his own.

Anywho...I realized my parents were right...AGAIN. And maybe I should not be so swift in my de fattying of Mr. Baxter.

Tonight when I came home I found my kitty glaring at me from across the kitchen floor. I quickly went to my room, to hide from his guilt stare and the little bastard followed me, leaving me to turn around and find him staring up at me, ears flat back, eyes in "fierce kitty mode" <----I made that up. And you love it. I quickly remembered that Baxter is definitely NOT the kitty to piss off, so I went to the kitchen, pulled out the kitty kibble, fought off all 3 kitties with avengence and left them to the hands of Iams.

At least Baxter isn't so pissed off at me, or knocking random things off of counters. And I may have diffused his urge to pee on something of mine in his kitty fury.

No comments: